Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Now I'll have that Chemical Brothers song stuck in my head all night! But it's a good song.

Hey Girls! That includes me. I'm also new here and was lucky enough to get the invitation this time around. I almost passed it up but then had a long talk with my fiance and we did some quick calculations and decided to roll with it. We went with a basic assumption that if Tom Gardner is aiming at 15% annual returns, he will probably hit 10% annual returns, so anything over $5000 will return the $500 investment. I know, this may be a silly way of looking at it, but it was important for us to justify such a large expense.

[And we do intend to put well over that amount, but nowhere near the million. Since we live in Israel and the Shekel is really strong vs the dollar these days, it also seems to us like it's a good time to increase our exposure to dollar-based investments. Anyone else here exploiting that?]

Hey Boys! I assume most of you will be... once again I find myself in a male-dominated field, being one of the few women actually interested. (I'm a Computer Scientist by education and a Software Engineer by profession, not to mention certain hobbies I do). I applaud viperjock for making the first step. I was lucky enough to start at age 16 and made many beginners' mistakes until I realized I want to learn and benefit from the pros.

Superstar djs... I assume those will be our resident Fools, orchestrating and directing our moves in the best way possible.

So, to echo your words: Here we go!

[For anyone who has no idea what I'm talking about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRUsdQ-rNVk ]

-ShirKi
bravely posting where she has never posted before
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.