and see various characters
"online" at the moment
I might be a fish with feet
(evolution baby...)
and when you tap me on the shoulder
and say "Hey"
I know your voice...
that is virtual reality

I don't know if you know/remember but few short years ago they actually used to have thing like that. It was 2D auditorium with hosted events - like movie theater or a talk show. You could wear various avatars - or even design your own and you could IM/Chat only to people next to you or you could submit question to the guests on the floor. Some events were huge, they gathered tens of thousands of participants. Guests included very prominent people like President Clinton. Some premier events even had voice webcasts for guest responses. Overall product had much of functionality you are describing now.

Unfotrtunately Excite failed to monetize this (IMO most excellent) product and costs added up...
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.