Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Now, Medicare (currently $93 apiece deducted from each Social Security) and our AARP Medigap (United Healthcare, $340/month for the two of us combined) have covered almost everything except the dentist. Is it worth it? You be the judge.

I turned 65 in September. I had my first Medicare wellness visit two weeks ago. I was very impressed by the doctor and the services that were provided. I got a pneumonia shot, a flu shot, a shingles shot and a tetanus shot. We moved a few months ago from Brooklyn, NY to Massachusetts and we are very impressed with the primary care docs that we have thru Tufts Advantage which has a 5 star rating. None of the plans in NY had more than 3-3 1/2 stars.
Our doctor is in a medical practice that is right across the street from the hospital so if they cannot handle something in their offices, they send us across the street.
You are right about dental. I made sure that I had dental flap surgery right before my insurance ran out. The cost was $1400. I paid $200. Not a bad price to save a tooth. Hopefully I have avoided having this tooth extracted altogether.
Medicare seems to be working just fine for me and my husband.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.