Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

I have to caveat this perhaps a bit with my growing older and possibly "more mature", but I find myself shopping at Costco now more than ever to stock up on/purchase the basics these days.

Maybe I am thinking about my dollars more, and what I buy more consciously...but then on the other hand, I think too maybe it's not just me, and it'll be the increasing wave of consciousness as we head to gas prices of $4 and beyond...stocking up on staples, and selectively making trips for the smaller / more particular items.

So, I find myself reflecting on a few things...

When I bought my new tires that I so desperately needed...and thought yeah, I want some goodies like Michelin that may help alleviate my fear of hydroplaning action...I got my tires as Costco since they had them...and the guys at the counter said, "if you come next week for the sale, you'll get $60 cash back".

When my brother needed new glasses recently, and wanted to save some $$ and get nice frames, we again, hit up Costco (eh hemm...they have nice brands and he paid at least $250 less than I did on my last pair)...

And last night I figured hey, I'm always running to CVS to pickup more Dove soap, why not save trips and get the big pack at Costco...

In the end, I think it'll mean less shopping/errands for me, and possible gas savings. Quite possibly a healthier me too as now I am bringing little zip-locks of Kirkland trail mix to work, instead of my trips to the vending machine for spur of the moment "energy"...

So, I have to wonder, is anyone else seeing a change to their habits/making more out of their trips to Costco and/similar outlets?

What might it mean for COST in these tighter economic times?

Possibly goodness in shareholderness? (Yes, I am big on the "ness", having seen You, Me and Dupree on HBO one too many times now :o) )

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.