No. of Recommendations: 98
Now, on these boards and in other places, and in conversations with others, I have stated repeatedly that American society is psychotic. By "psychotic" I mean: disconnected from objective reality, operating according to precepts that are fundamentally irrational, and behaving in a fashion that is contrary to its own long term survival.
<snip>
This social psychosis is shown very, very clearly on LBYM over the last couple of days. Not a single one of those posts reflect badly on me; all of them reflect badly on the psychotics that made them. And yet, the sheer number of those posts, and the sheer number of recs that those posts received show very clearly that something is badly wrong in Fooldom. What it shows, I suppose, is that TMF has become nothing more than a psychotic mirror of the psychotic society in which it is immersed.

Jim, I know you won't read this but I will comment anyway. I have been a contributor to the LBYM board for a long time and I don't like the blanket condemnations by you or other members of this board. You posted something that was offensive to some members of the board. These people may have life experiences such as abuse that compells them to speak out. Why should we discount their feelings in this matter?

I ask this board a question. A poster on the LBYM board has stated that he received over 2000 emails from Jim since yesterday. If this is true, do you support this type of harrassment?

IF

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.