Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 13
Now that June has ended, here are the year-to-date results for the Tech Growers (top 5) screen, in comparison with my personal portfolio and Saul's portfolio. These are actual results, no typos here. I'm also reporting my personal annual returns since 2015.

I have not posted here in a while. I have strayed mostly from MI. I'm doing a combination of "Tech Growers" as a screen and personal picks.

Bad choices: UBER the day of IPO, a 30% loser, GE as a Dow Dog a 50% loser, BA as a post 737/max value speculation a 55% loss.

Great choices: AMZN in 2017 at 955 a share, many "Saul" screen stocks that became two baggers then sold but still have FIVN, COUP, SQ, TTD, ZS.

Mind boggling choice: TSLA at 350 December 2019, plus 6/3 call options rolling every three months.

I've decided that evaluating the character of the CEO / owner is as important as the balance sheet and growth prospects. Elon Musk is an odd person, but attracts the best and brightest. I got into TSLA because of the prospect of "battery day" and have learned too much about how batteries are designed and manufactured. Come to find out that TSLA has many disruptive prospects, not just cars and batteries.

It's 1999 here, but this time I won't follow MI screens down like I did 20 years ago.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.