Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 5
...I think TMF should promote to the world out there that while there are stock and finance boards here, there's also lots of other great boards as well.

For instance, the knowledge that I can go to the Help With This STUPID Computer board http://boards.fool.com/messages.asp?mid=16570707&bid=112909 and post a problem or question has been a godsend in the past. Yes, that sort of stuff can also be done elsewhere, but TMF's boards are in my opinion the best on the net for ease and satisfaction of usage(except for ONE issue: the now over a year-long lack of full searches. I hope these will be restored, and notice that it wasn't addressed in the announced changes).

I think quite a proportion of the potential market would have no idea of the fact that other things besides stock discussions go on here. Whether or not they would pay of that unrealised privilige I have no idea yet, and to be honest I suspect it might be difficult maintaining a critical mass with a paying clientele. However, I think to assist in potential customers making an informed choice, you should try to let people know that there's more than just stock talk here.
Print the post  

Announcements

Community Town Hall
Banter, potshots, and all the stuff we said you can't post on ITF. Why not try it?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.