No. of Recommendations: 1
nparsn,

I completely agree with you about the safety issue concerning drivers. In my daughter's case, MANY parents took on that role, and, surprisingly, there wasn't much complaint from the kids. After the prom, all of the kids were invited to parties hosted at various parents' homes - there were only a few who opted to go to restaurants, and I know of at least one group who spent the night at a hotel suite, complete with all-night swimming, etc., chaperoned by a large group of parents.

I'm not so sure about the message they got about the ok for the hotel; I'm just happy my daughter went to the all-night party at her best friend's home and that I was in the group of parents chaperoning.

jmbellv
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.