Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I guess I am just looking for a little bit of comfort. It always seems that when the news is good the stock drops. I am a little gun shy, being in Kide, getting great numbers and watching it fall from 90 to 26. I know from my research that Cree is a great stock, but am I missing something with the drop of the last few days. Thanks in advance for any opinions.

Jerry
Print the post Back To Top
its a tech sell-off, not CREE sell-off.......

hold tight!

makesums
No. of Recommendations: 2
May I interject here?

This is mainly for new investors to Cree.

I bought into Cree back in July when it was at it's all time high of 80 (pre-split) and proceeded to watch it plummet to nearly half that in about 3 weeks. Needless to say I was not feeling well about Cree. It was only my second stock purchase ever and I had lost at least 40% of my initial investment capital in less than a month. Ugh! Well, at about that time I got introduced to the Fool8 board and through posts here and my own research, I decided that I'd just give it some time to recover and see what happens. I couldn't have done much worse anyway(I thought). 4 months later I was up over %100 . Nearly %250 from the low it hit in August. Dumb me sold out over half of my position at about 57 and I am REALLY hoping to get it back here at these levels.

So to make a long story longer. If you are excited about Cree and it's potential than stick it out. If you have a weak stomach and can't handle wild, and I mean REALLY WILD 25+ point price fluctuations than this probably isn't the stock for you. Just sell me your shares at about 65 and I'll be happy. :)

If Cree history repeats itself than the next high should be at about...165 by June I think. It's a wild ride and I love it.

Take care all,
Matt
No. of Recommendations: 1
Jerry,

Perhaps one of the things you may be missing is a long term view. Excellent companies with high revenue and earnings growth do have big price swings (up and down).

I got more today at $71 and my first buy was $20 over a yr ago. Don't like the fact I could've got it cheaper today but I am really impressed with this company. And I believe over time (a couple of yrs, whatever) I'll think I got in cheap at $71.

This one is a winner Jerry. Hang in there for the long haul.

No. of Recommendations: 1
If you are excited about Cree and it's potential than stick it out. If you have a weak stomach and can't handle wild, and I mean REALLY WILD 25+ point price fluctuations than this probably isn't the stock for you.

Sage advice but frankly, if someone bought in without realizing the stocks volatility, they weren't investing, they were gambling.

Charles
Chewie,Great advice for all investors.thanks for your post-tim

Excellent point, Dinkumoil

I bought in at 56 after looking the numbers over back in November. After seeing a 4 point drop on Tuesday, I bought more for my Roth IRA.

Go CREE Go!

clasota
Bought yesterday @74.63 after watching, reading, and lurking for several weeks. If you're wondering why it went in the tank by 8 today, look no further :-)

But as Alfred E. Newman would say, "What, Me Worry?"

Market cap of CREE is somewhere between $2B and $2.5B.

Market cap of Intel is about $275B

I would cautiously say Cree has potential to achieve Intel-like cap and beyond.

Just sit tight and let everyone else do your panicing for you.

Regards,

Pup