Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
My MIL has broken her hip. The surgery went well and it looks like she will need a week or two in a rehab facility before she goes home. A search online came up with several sites claiming to have a rating system for care homes, but they all have different ratings and almost no indication on how those ratings were arrived at.

Anyone have any recommendations? Mesa Vista would be closest to her home in North Boulder, but they don't have many medicare beds and may be full. We are also looking at ManorCare-Boulder, Boulder Manor, and Frasier Meadows.

Thanks,

Barbara
Print the post Back To Top
It's not close but when my son was a paramedic a couple of years ago, he recommended http://www.azuraliving.com/rehab_services from having delivered patients there.

Yesterday I got an email from a friend who is there after a couple of TIAs(she's 60) and went there because of my son's recommendation.

I worked in Boulder but can't say much about the places there.
My mother in law used to work at Manor Care and it was a nice place back in the 90s. Take a tour of the 3 and see how clean they look, how the staff acts and if the residents seem happy. Also try to talk to any family members who are coming or going to see if they are happy with the place.
Thanks for the replies. My FIL called some of his friends and they recommended Fraiser Meadows. They are difficult to get into but a bed opened up and she moving today.

Barbara
Great, I hope it works out for her. It's always hard to see our parents get old....