Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
is crashing in pre-market after announcing earnings below expectations and blaming the decline in crypto currencies for weak demand--NVDA chips are used in bitcoin mining rigs for instance. There has also been some negative press about NVDA's new flagship gaming chip basically implying that its performance is only marginally better than chips at half the price.

All that said NVDA still has a technology lead and a R&D history that should continue to advantage it. I am planning to make a small additional purchase today if it stays down in the 18-20% range after open. I have some NVDA already--half purchased long ago that is up massively and half purchased in last year that will be slightly down after this fall. If I'd "bought the dips" more consistently since initial purchase I would be meaningfully richer and plan to start following my own advice today.

Just throwing an idea in the hopper...Thinkingbig
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
My biggest concern is that the biggest tech companies are developing their own chips. Apple, Google, Facebook... Microsoft and IBM will, if not already. (Otherwise, "not a playa", lol!)

This could be like the Hep-C cure by Gilead, just an interesting footnote in the long march forward of a graphics processor... except curing Hep-C was an intention of Gilead, whereas this was sort of a stumble into "hip". But I think you see my point.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Also, cross-pollination among the silicon valley compnaies is rampant. Tesla hires Apple engineers, Apple hires Tesla engineers, Google hires engineers from those two, etc. There's no actual trade secrets there, I suspect, there's only what lawyers can prove?