Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi,

The offer from QCOM for NXPI is around $110/share cash. What does that mean for us shareholders of NXPI? Do we get $110/share when the deal closes or do we get the market price at date of sale? Or do we get QCOM shares converted from NXPI at $110/share on date of sale.?

The NXPI shares are currently trading at $99.90/share. My brain says sell but my gut says I'm leaving money on the table.

Anyone with words of wisdom?

Thks,
Ernie
Print the post Back To Top
Assuming that the deal closes, we would get $110 in cash per share at that point. The current discount is likely the market factoring in the possibility that the deal will not go through.

If you have a better place to put your money to work, then that is probably a good way to go. I'm considering keeping about a third of my position just in case the deal does not go through and I can continue holding NXPI as a standalone company.
Thanks for the response. With the market price under 100 today I will hold until/if the deal closes.

Regards,
Ernie
Thanks. I think I'll hold on too. But do I vote for or against the merget? (Or would it make the slightest difference?)