Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
 
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi,

The offer from QCOM for NXPI is around $110/share cash. What does that mean for us shareholders of NXPI? Do we get $110/share when the deal closes or do we get the market price at date of sale? Or do we get QCOM shares converted from NXPI at $110/share on date of sale.?

The NXPI shares are currently trading at $99.90/share. My brain says sell but my gut says I'm leaving money on the table.

Anyone with words of wisdom?

Thks,
Ernie
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Assuming that the deal closes, we would get $110 in cash per share at that point. The current discount is likely the market factoring in the possibility that the deal will not go through.

If you have a better place to put your money to work, then that is probably a good way to go. I'm considering keeping about a third of my position just in case the deal does not go through and I can continue holding NXPI as a standalone company.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Thanks for the response. With the market price under 100 today I will hold until/if the deal closes.

Regards,
Ernie
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Thanks. I think I'll hold on too. But do I vote for or against the merget? (Or would it make the slightest difference?)
Print the post Back To Top