Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 23
This morning, the New York Times is reporting that the Mad King called the acting attorney general in a clear effort to interfere with the 2020 presidential election, asking Jeffrey A. Rosen, and his deputy, Richard P. Donoghue, to call the election 'corrupt'.

This is just one more example of Donald Trump using the levers of government to advance his personal agenda.

The exchange unfolded during a phone call on Dec. 27 in which Mr. Trump pressed the acting attorney general at the time, Jeffrey A. Rosen, and his deputy, Richard P. Donoghue, on voter fraud claims that the department had disproved. Mr. Donoghue warned that the department had no power to change the outcome of the election. Mr. Trump replied that he did not expect that, according to notes Mr. Donoghue took memorializing the conversation.

Just say that the election was corrupt + leave the rest to me” and to congressional allies, Mr. Donoghue wrote in summarizing Mr. Trump’s response.

Congressional allies? No wonder Jim Jordan is stammering over his answers to the question of when he spoke to president Trump on Jan. 6... before, during, and/or after the insurrection: https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1420827835246186496

Imagine of Hillary Clinton or president Obama had ever tried this... republicans would be calling for their execution.

History will certainly remember Trump as the most inept, corrupt president in the history of the United States, with no close second.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/30/us/politics/trump-justice...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Rosen would have jumped on anything that would have given Trump a chance to stay in office. The fact that he didn't should be enough to convince the cultists that Trump lost fair and square.

It won't, though.
No. of Recommendations: 3
I listened to radio interviews of news correspondents who used to work at the NY Times back in the day when the editor in chief would fire columnists if they tried to get their opinion pieces published as a news story.

Sadly,the NY times nowadays has about as much credibility as the National Enquirer.
No. of Recommendations: 4
Do you happen to watch Fox News? Or read the UK Daily Mail?
Just wondering.....
No. of Recommendations: 20
their opinion pieces

What is the opinion here?

The notes obtained are the official record of the AG office of the call.

The emails obtained are directly from the office of the Trump administration.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-urged-justice-officials-declare...

notes taken by Richard Donoghue, who was then Rosen's deputy and who was also on the call.
No. of Recommendations: 0
"History will certainly remember Trump as the most inept, corrupt president in the history of the United States, with no close second."

And the Cult still don't care.

Ken
No. of Recommendations: 1
History will certainly remember Trump as the most inept, corrupt president in the history of the United States, with no close second.

We hope . . . but if the GQP manages to gain majority control of the Senate and House in 2022, then they will simply pick the next President in 2024. They will do what Democrats are too timid to do, get rid of the filibuster, and take over the country for good. After that, they will be the ones writing our history and Trump will be a hero.

Don't think that's possible??? Perhaps Democrats need to pull their own heads out of the mainstream news cycle long enough to realize that Republicans are not in decline in Washington. They may be lying, corrupt, willfully ignorant trash, but they are still winning as long as Democrats only whine about their ignorance but allow them to use procedural loop holes to maintain power.
Fox News has Chris Matthews & Neal Cavuto ( had Shepherd Smith),all strong liberal democrats that has always hated Trump.
jjbklb: Fox News has Chris Matthews...

Huh? <checks notes> That's gonna' be news to Chris Matthews.
Fox News has Chris Matthews & Neal Cavuto ( had Shepherd Smith),all strong liberal democrats that has always hated Trump.

Cavuto is a registered Republican. I watched him for years (although not recently), and he never struck me as a Democrat or liberal. Just much less crazed than the other Faux Noise hosts. His "hatred" of trump is merely a sign of intelligence. You may be confused as he occasionally expresses compassion--hardly surprising in someone who survived cancer and has MS.
No. of Recommendations: 4
Let me add that I didn't hate trump till I saw him in action as our president--which turned into deep loathing when he tried to steal the 2020 election. Before he was president, I thought him a buffoon. Now that I know more about his psychology, I also pity the fool. But keep him the hell away from our politics!

Let me also add that many Republicans hate trump as well, especially since he tried to steal the 2020 election. But the most intelligent Republicans learned to hate him sooner.
No. of Recommendations: 17
I listened to radio interviews of news correspondents who used to work at the NY Times back in the day when the editor in chief would fire columnists if they tried to get their opinion pieces published as a news story.

Opinion pieces are clearly titled as such in the NYT. Opinion rarely makes an appearance in their news stories. If you read carefully through the NYT piece on the notes taken and the conversations quoted. Katie Benner is not an opinion piece writer. Which parts of this article do you consider opinion not backed up by fact? At the end of the article she draws no personal conclusions.

This is in stark contrast to Fox News. While Carlson Piro, Ingraham, Hannity and the curvy couch crowd passing off their "opinion" as news. Do you ever see a disclaimer on any of this prime time line up warning viewers this is baseless opinion in many cases? They serve viewers undocumented and unverified opinion and call it news. The NYT lets you know what's opinion. The NYT news articles are usually at least double sourced and careful to link documents the stories are based on.
"This is in stark contrast to Fox News. While Carlson Piro, Ingraham, Hannity and the curvy couch crowd passing off their "opinion" as news."

Apparently you haven't watched these folks as , with the exception of the curvy couch crowd, they clearly state that they are in the "opinion" business.