No. of Recommendations: 14
What a beautiful ,day, of spring. Upstate was in the high 60's to low 70's. Not a cloud in the sky. Lilacs budding, apple tree buds with slight fuzzy grey coats, pussy willows meowing, and the pink dogwood ready for barking.Went to my Saturday breakfast club. All guys pushing or beyond 70. I'm the youngster of the group. Eggs over, homefries, rye toast, and sausage. Oh yeah, Milly, cranberry juice please. There is Jimmy from Jersey, Ken, Ron, Dave, and Roy and Bill. Solid guys who can keep a confidence or tell you your going down the wrong road.Back home. Started to do some puttering in the yard. Spreading compost in the garden, raking out flower beds, picking up some litter in the ditch.Billy my faithful dog, was herding every attempt at raking, can't help himself, being a Border Collie.I love him so, he's my buddy. No thoughts of this or past wars. No listening to the right or the left, knowing that its self motivated dogma.Not wondering what the market will do Monday. Just the breeze blowing and realizing, once again what a blessed man, that I am....mrbear
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.