Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 6
I think I understand why REITs are not so hot these days (rising interest rates/higher borrowing costs; healthcare uncertainty)

But I have also heard some folks say that they'd look at O if it dropped below $50. Well, I got my alert today, O is under $50. I am just trying to decide if its still a good buy (> 5% Dividend yield) or if now is still a bad time to jump onto the REIT wagon...

So, there is interest rate risk (which should eventually stabilize, no?-- If you were not planning on selling in 5 years, is it a reasonable assertion that this risk should work itself out by then?)?

Any other REIT specific items one should look at prior to making a decision? I have heard stellar reviews about how conservative management team for O is
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.