No. of Recommendations: 2
Obama also seems enamored with foreign adventures. Continuation of Iraq & Afghanistan + Libya adventure + potential Syria adventure*.

And Obama reneged on his renegotiation of NAFTA treaty. He then proceded to complete the two Free Trade Agreements (with South Korea and Colombia) negotiated during Bush’s tenure.

And let's not forget reneging on closing Guantanamo Bay promise.

Just saying liberal folks seem quite willing to give him a pass or no criticism.

If you think he's getting a pass you should read what they say about him on AF sometime.

But looking at your list....The NAFTA comment is spot on. At least I think it is, I never heard that any portion of NAFTA was renegotiated. The rest seem like pretty weak criticism. Candidate Obama promised to withdraw from Iraq basically on Bush's timetable, which he did. And he promised to escalate the war in Afghanistan, which he also did. If I were Imperator our stuff would be packed up and out of there, but Qaddafi was a true dirt bag. We got to be on the winning side of that one, at virtually no cost to ourselves. That was a big win. GTMO is kind of a draw. Obama wanted to close it but Congress blocked the money.

Expanding on FY's comments for a second, this the exact reason why you don't ever want to go down the road of warrantless wiretaps, or torture, or extrajudicial prisons, etc. because once the government gets that power they don't want to give it back, and the possibility it will be abused approaches 100%. I'm sure the forces behind it are (mostly) well intentioned--for now. But the road to hell and all that. The solution is easy, just accept the risk.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.