Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Good for Obama.

I've said this many times, when Obama actually does something positive and towards the benefit of the United States. Granted, there weren't very many of those instances.

Now Obama says he's going to help Trump with the odds and ends of the Presidential Transition. I don't doubt for a minute that he has many fairly ridiculous ulterior motives (like say, trying to make it seem like he's still got a fair amount of influence or to try and talk Trump into keeping some of his people on), but let's give him the benefit of the benefit of the doubt.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
I don't doubt for a minute that he has many fairly ridiculous ulterior motives (like say, trying to make it seem like he's still got a fair amount of influence or to try and talk Trump into keeping some of his people on), but let's give him the benefit of the benefit of the doubt.

I don't think The Donald is so easily manipulated, but we'll see.
Maybe he could move some furniture...

W
I don't think The Donald is so easily manipulated, but we'll see.

Obama's legacy is more or less shot, and he knows it. Right now the history books will note that:

*His poor strategic insight allowed ISIS to flourish
*He destabilized Libya, mishandled the Arab spring, and in so doing allowed chaos to envelop the region
*He ignored the South China Sea, and in so doing set the stage for eventual confrontations with China.
*His signature accomplishment - Obamacare, which was passed on a strict party line vote - has come crashing down to Earth and has been exposed as a bloody mess. His successor was elected on a promise to get rid of it ASAP.
*He's the first President to never see 3% growth at any point during his term(s).

...and so much more failure.

I think he wants to ride out of office being seen as a gracious mentor, above it all. If you think about it that way it makes perfect sense: he's always seen himself as someone above the petty concerns and struggles of others, and if he can help the dullard the unwashed masses just voted in to the Oval Office and be seen doing it, his ego is satisfied.
During their private White House meeting on Thursday, Mr. Obama walked his successor through the duties of running the country, and Mr. Trump seemed surprised by the scope, said people familiar with the meeting. Trump aides were described by those people as unaware that the entire presidential staff working in the West Wing had to be replaced at the end of Mr. Obama’s term.

After meeting with Mr. Trump, the only person to be elected president without having held a government or military position, Mr. Obama realized the Republican needs more guidance. He plans to spend more time with his successor than presidents typically do, people familiar with the matter said.

Slate quoting the Wall Street Journal-

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/11/14/trump_repo...

Ooh, that awful, selfish Obama!
Ooh, that awful, selfish Obama!

Yes. Yes.

He is only promising with no direct plans. Just like his whole term.

Helping Trump is one thing but what about all the others in need of help with the transition, like those die hards rioting?

Say something to them...lock them up...do something.

W
No. of Recommendations: 3
Be sure to find out where the hidden FEMA camps are, where the illegally seized guns are being held, and what's in Area 51. Might be good to get an after-action report on civilians and civilian property seized during Jade Helm 15.
Be sure to find out where the hidden FEMA camps are, where the illegally seized guns are being held, and what's in Area 51. Might be good to get an after-action report on civilians and civilian property seized during Jade Helm 15.

He's too busy figuring out how to take away all your Constitutional rights.