Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
Obviously, this doesn't take into account one of the 1,000,000 geopolitical surprises hiding in the basement

Not just geopolitcal issues.
It also doesn't take into account that real estate gains/losses are also very local. For instance, I saw a WARN notice the other day that they are going to be laying off over 700 people from a factory in Newton, IA (pop about 15k) that employs about 800. The notice also said they may be shutting it down completely. My guess is that there will be losses, not gains in Newton in 2022. Of course, to average out to 15% gains nationwide, I'm sure that there will be other localities that will have 25% gains.

AJ
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.