No. of Recommendations: 11
https://news.grabien.com/story-ocasio-cortez-millennials-wer...

Al Gore and Ted Danson were first. Around 12 years ago they stated that we only had 10 years before Global Warming would destroy us and it would be irreversible. That was 12 or so years ago.

Now Ocasio-Cortez says the same thing. But she is even more serious about it.

Beyond that she says that there are armies of people who are living in their cars so they can work their second jobs to make ends meet.

Where does she get this load of crapulence? She is on record as stating that the unemployment rate is so low because everyone is working two jobs to make it happen. She cites no statistics or studies or any such thing. She simply reaches conclusions that are absurd and states them as if they were revolutionary fact.

I represent a lot of people from all income levels. I know their employment and finances intimately. I have one client who is working 3 jobs and zero clients who are working more than 1 job. In regard to opposing parties I cannot recall any that are working more than 1 job. I do not know anyone personally who is working more than one job. I know of none, and never have known anyone who lives in their car so they can work two jobs. Yes, I have seen the aberrational cases in California of people living in their cars (but that is quite aberrational and had nothing to do with the economy).

And yet she wishes to create revolutionary change, World War III as she cites it in importance, to stop Global Warming (Climate Change in the winter time) from killing all of us within the next 10 years, and that somehow this army of car dwellers exists.

Did not Boston University teach her to prove her thesis? Apparently facts and figures and obtaining said were discouraged in Boston University's economic department because obtaining said would have wiped out their ideology.

I wish I was making this stuff up.

Tinker
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.