No. of Recommendations: 1
Yesterday I received a letter in the mail from Synchrony Bank in Orlando, FL.

The letter thanked me for my "recent credit application with ZULILY CREDIT CARD."

They require additional information from me and that I should call their 800-number. If they don't hear back from me by 02/12/19, then they will be unable to give further consideration to my credit request.

Signed, "Synchrony Bank Creditor."

Couple of things....

1) I have never heard of Synchrony Bank or ZULILY CREDIT CARD. My wife says that Zulily is a women's clothing line.

2) I have not applied for credit with Synchrony bank or any other bank in well over a year.

3) The only personal information about me in the letter is my name and address, although they misspelled my name.

Part of me says I should contact them in case someone is trying to use my personal info to get credit for themselves. Another part of me says that it is in fact Synchrony Bank that's doing the phishing and that by contacting them I'm only inviting them to get their hooks deeper into me.

Any thoughts?
Print the post  

Announcements

UGC Disclosure Notice Regarding Credit Card Posts
Community board discussions about credit cards are not provided or commissioned by banks who may have advertising relationships with The Motley Fool. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.