Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find out about odd-lot exchange opportunities. I have taken part in a few odd-lot exchanges, which I simply stumbled upon, over the past 1.5 years. I would like to take part in all odd lot exchanges which happen in the year - however I have no way of screen or find out when such an opportunity arises.
Is there any service which tracks and notifies you of up and coming odd-lot exchange opportunities?

Thank you.
Print the post Back To Top
Google knows everything which is a good thing because I know so little!

Odd lot exchange opportunities

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q...

Denny Schlesinger
Hi Denny,

Thank you for your input. Yes, those odd lot exchanges which I did take part in I stumbled upon via google search. But I have not found this a reliable system for finding all odd lot exchange opportunities which arise. It would be nice if there was some website with a calendar of odd lot exchange opportunities (e.g. similar to those existing calendars for spin-offs), or, a service which would issue a notification of new odd lot exchange opportunities which arise - but I don't know if anything like that exists (I haven't found anything like that to date except for some outdated special situations website).
No. of Recommendations: 2
I don't know anything about odd lot exchanges beyond what I have learned from this thread. How do you profit from it? How does it work?

What I have noticed is that stocks are not splitting as often as they used to and that drives up odd lots.

Thanks,

Denny Schlesinger
Surely there is a board where this and some other recent traffic would be more on topic and more likely to have people with experience to comment.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Hi Denny,

I think it might be best to explain with an example. Here is one from 2019 wherein share holders of MCK could select to take parts in an exchange where for every 100 USD of MCK shares could be exchanged for 107 USD of CHNG shares. The key about odd lot provision is that if you select to exhange '99' of less number of MCK shares then your request to take part in the exchange is guaranteed.

Here is some numbers to illustrate how one could have made a profit in this particular example (I hope that helps. I'm still learning so there may be some mistakes):

MCK/CHNG Odd Lot Exchange
CHNG Price $16,00
MCK Price $167,21
MCK Shares Purchased 99
Value of DHR Shares $16 553,8
Adjustment Factor (7% discount) 0,93
Adjusted CHNG share price $14,8800
Shares of MCK 1112,49
Exchange Ratio 11,2372
Implied Exchange Ratio 11,23723118
Maximum Exchange Ratio 11,4086
CHNG Shares Received 1112,49
Investment $16 554
Expected Gross Proceeds $17 800
Commission $0,00
Exchange Fee $0,00
Expected Net Proceeds $1 246
Expected Net Return 7,5%
tamhas, sorry but I couldn't find another board - if you know a more suitable board then please do not hesitate to let me know.
I found this information interesting.
I had heard of odd lots, but never the 'odd lot exchange'.

Thanks for bringing it.

You might try Mongoose or Berkshire boards, cause those guys are eclectic in their experience and knowledge.

Mongoose
https://boards.fool.com/the-mongoose-chronicles-120107.aspx?...

BRK. You might preface with OT?
https://boards.fool.com/berkshire-hathaway-brk-a-101158.aspx...

😷
ralph
tamhas, sorry but I couldn't find another board - if you know a more suitable board then please do not hesitate to let me know.

And I would have missed learning a new paradigm.

Denny Schlesinger

Maybe tamhas likes echo chambers, the thought police paradise! LOL
I found the announcement!

Odd-lot Opportunity In McKesson's Exchange Offer
Disclosure: Long

https://www.eaglepointcap.com/blog/odd-lot-opportunity-in-mc...

There are a bunch of caveats at the bottom. This is so strange a transaction that I doubt it would make sense to have some sort of exchange to manage it. Searching with Google I got the impression that it is somewhat more common in India, Pakistan, and in one other Asian exchange. BTW, you are using decimal commas like we do in Spanish. Where are you?

Denny Schlesinger
If one Googles on "site:boards.fool.com odd lot exchange" one gets 259 results, many of which are not this board. That would be one place to start.