No. of Recommendations: 0
Oddly my initial comments on Tempur-Pedic may have led to the birth of this board. I just happened to mention it on the board for Sirius and caused a minor uproar. I work around the corner from the Tempur-Pedic HQ and I have known a couple of people that moved over there. It is a very popular bed around town, and I know that they have a little shop in one of the shopping centers (Lexington Green) that would probably do VERY well in other cities. I wish they'd market their beds in LA and NYC because I can just see the trend for "fine sleeping" to really take off in those places.

I musta missed that comment - here in CA where I live, the tempur-pedic was sold through a regular bed store. They've carried it for 6 months, and have quite a bit of space right at the front of the store dedicated to three beds displaying different tempurpedic models. They also have a knockoff memory-foam bed, but the tempurpedic was so much better.

I remember seeing that shop in Lexington Green last christmas.

The other interesting thing is how the store we bought ours got around the pricing regimine. TP is apparently very strict about pricing, but the store we got ours sells the mattress along with a different foundation and frame than TP sells. Hence, they can offer a lower price because the only part that's TP is the mattress.

Where'd you escape to? And which high school and college? I live about a block from Transy now.

I went to Henry Clay, then to UK, and graduated in december-1988 and left town by September 1989. I got a bachelors in ComputerSci from UK. I'm now in Silicon Valley playing with the tech industry.

- David
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.