Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Of course, even if I didn't have to give him the opportunity I would have. I can't seem to get off the high road even when I'm taking fire from the enemy and my supplies are cut off.

I know I'm stating the obvious here, but you are/were clearly way, way too good for him. Yeesh.

You're a really good person, imp. And you love your kids, and they love their dad, and you know they're awesome, so you try to do what's best for them (and for DN, too) at any cost to yourself. And that's why your kids are going to do great.

Something like "I didn't tell you earlier because I believe it is personal information. I don't ask who you are dating or what your plans are with them, because they are none of my business, either. It won't affect the children's daily lives any." is probably about all I can muster, honestly.

impolite
whimp, in face-to-face combat

You're not a wimp. You're just not. You're the opposite of a wimp. You're a hero, with ethics, and courage, and all kinds of good stuff like that. And you are too kind to hold up a mirror to DN and show him his own true self. Not wimpy.

--Booa
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.