Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Of course, if you want to maximize the benefit your daughter gets from her income, you should consider your out-of-pocket expenses as a gift to her. She'll report more income and can make a larger contribution to her Roth IRA.
I agree - up until she starts making enough that she has to pay taxes. (at which point you have to ask yourself if she's better off paying the taxes now on that money, and putting it into the Roth - or not paying taxes on it, and claiming the expense.)
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.