Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 5
Of course there are questions!!! You like PXLW but think ODP will not go up, a gut feeling. What gave you the go ahead for PXLW, but stopped you on ODP? What caused your "gut feeling"?

Perhaps I didn't explain myself very clearly. Using my system, you really need to buy on the breakout day (when my system gives a buy signal), so you need to be following the stock that day, and not find a stock that broke out a few days ago.

If the stock still has all four criteria met on the same day, even if it is already well above the 50 day EMA, then it's okay to buy it. But what I'm saying about both PXLW and ODP, is that we missed the "best" buying opportunity. ODP has not really shown any volume strength except on 12/5. That does not bode well for the stock to keep going up. It is my suspicion that it will drop (to the stop)before it goes up (at least 15%), but no one ever knows incliuding myself.

As for PXLW, I like the way it has been behaving from a price standpoint, but here again I am not happy with the volume (or the RSI).

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=PXLW&d=c&k=c3&a=m26-12-9,r14,v&p=e50&t=3m&l=on&z=m&q=l

I think it has a better chance of continuing upward than ODP, but the bottom line is that with my system you have to buy at the "right" time. Keep watching them, and if all 4 criteria are again met on the same day, then it is the "right" time, even if it is 10% above the 50 day EMA.

What we are trying to do here is buy at the point there is the most upward pressure, and ride the winners and sell the losers (via our preset stop loss points). If we don't buy at the "right" time, we may be stopped out for a loss 50-70% of the time instead of 30-40% of the time.

NukeJohn

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.