No. of Recommendations: 0
Been a while since anyone said much here, so here's my idiot question.

Is anything off topic here?

I have a fair mid-range audio setup in my office (I took over one of our bedrooms.) I have a Denon surround sound amplifier (Does anyone make surround sound any more? Seems like a gimmick to me.) played through a set of M&K speakers, pretty good mid-range. With M&K sub-woofer.

But, I was not content to only hear sound in my room, so when we moved into this house I had speakers installed in every room, mostly in the ceiling, and outside in the back yard. As luck would have it, this is too great a load for the Denon, so I got a big Pioneer amp at Best Buy (on the clearance rack). Feed the Pioneer from the Denon and the Pioneer powers all those speakers. (All my stuff is in the closet. It's an impressive closet by now with all those wires and pieces of electronics.) Everything is in order, God is in heaven, and I can hear music throughout the house. Enter the Countess, with her collection of girl group CD's. She set the 200 disk CD player full of her girl groups, and after while she was complaining. The music fades out on some of the CD's. Not all the CD's, but some. She's right. It is clear as can be in my room, but definitely fades out in the rest of the house.

Why? Is a puzzlement. I am not an electrical genius (Only a mechanical one.) But some of the CD's play just fine. Some refuse to play certain bands. Other bands on the same CD are fine. We suspect the original source material may have been analog, and something in the process of digitizing made the Pioneer refuse to play it. I can't blame the Pioneer amplifier. The Denon continues to play perfectly in my office.

Do any of you smart fellers (or smart girls) know what's happening here? To quote Spock, "This is not logical."

CNC
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.