Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
In BIL’s new Maxx, Little Sis doesn’t set off the passenger side air bag. SNORT. She sits in the seat and it stays “off”, but when any other adult sits there, it goes “on”. She’s simply too small to set off the sensor.

Which is actually kinda good, since it would probably rip her head off if it did expand. Still, it’s funny.

impolite
Print the post Back To Top
Little Sis doesn’t set off the passenger side air bag.

How little is she? Is she even tall enough to sit in the front seat safely?

MOI
No. of Recommendations: 0

4'11, 85 pounds. The manual states 60lbs, I believe, and that " a small adult might also not register on the sensor".

BWAHAHAHAHAHA.

impolite
the "fat" sister
Little Sis doesn’t set off the passenger side air bag.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

IIRC, she is as a passenger.
But even if she wasn't (like pixiecakes), it is awfully hard to drive from the back seat...

peace & <90 lbs
t
IIRC, she is as a passenger.
But even if she wasn't (like pixiecakes), it is awfully hard to drive from the back seat...

peace & <90 lbs
t

Her airbag deploying when she is driving is one of our greatest fears. Poor thing is basically on top of the steering wheel.

She's safer in the passenger seat, no airbag, than she is drivers', airbag not optional.

And what do you do? Have the airbag taken off the driver's side, leaving all other potential drivers unsafe? Remove it and take the risk that it wouldn't have blown her head off in a certain accident, but instead would have saved her life?

It will take ten years off my life if the woman ever has even a fender bender, I swear it. Gawd forbid I see the accident occur, i'm likely to soil myself with worry, even if all she gets is a nicked bumper.

impolite
Airbags scare the $*%& outta me. I'm 4' 10" (and waaaayyy over 90 lb!), and when I drive most vehicles I am this -------> <------- close to the steering wheel. Fortunately, I have a vehicle with a pedal extender feature--I push a button, and the brake and accelerator move several inches closer to the driver. I'll never drive a vehicle without them--it is the only safe way for me to drive with those freakin' airbags.

Federal safety regulations say that anyone 4' 9" and under must be in a booster seat. My students think me being 1" too tall to have to be in a booster seat is hilarious...me, not so much.

isewquilts
My goodness.

Our DOG makes the "fasten seatbelt" sensor go on when he sits in the passenger seat.

I thought people in the midwest were large, sturdy folk. What are you guys doing? What are you eating?

-Molly
...nearly a foot taller than your sister
No. of Recommendations: 2
After I posted that, I realized my tone didn't come across quite right in the post. I meant it as light-hearted teasing - hope it came off that way. As a tall woman, I have certainly put up with my share of goofy comments. So I didn't want to be guilty of hurting anyone's feelings re: height.

What sort of goofy comments, you ask? :-) Well, my absolute favorite is when some guy that is shorter than me (I am 5'10") will come up to me, usually at a party or some social occasion, and say, "Wow, what are you, like 6'1"?"

Molly: No, I'm 5'10"
ShortGuy: No, you're at least 6'1", because I'M 5'11". And you're taller than me.
Molly: Um.

I used to argue with them. Now I just smile and agree, and edge away as quickly as possible.

-M
No. of Recommendations: 16
Molly: No, I'm 5'10"
ShortGuy: No, you're at least 6'1", because I'M 5'11". And you're taller than me.
Molly: Um.

I used to argue with them. Now I just smile and agree, and edge away as quickly as possible.

Well, you can understand his confusion. He measured his height with the same ruler he uses to measure something else on his anatomy.

amg2
:)
Well, you can understand his confusion. He measured his height with the same ruler he uses to measure something else on his anatomy.

-----

We like to use a standard 2"x4" piece of lumber.
We like to use a standard 2"x4" piece of lumber.

Well, therein lies your problem.

amg2
a 2x4 is actually closer to 1.5 x 3.5. I won't comment on it's other qualities.
Well, therein lies your problem.

amg2
a 2x4 is actually closer to 1.5 x 3.5. I won't comment on it's other qualities.

-----

You know, it's not as funny when you have to explain the joke.
I thought people in the midwest were large, sturdy folk. What are you guys doing? What are you eating?

I'm a Southerner! Just live in the midwest. ;)

We actually eat quite a bit, but all of us are active. Mom and Little Sis Have physical jobs they do for 9 (Mom) to 12 (Little Sis) hours a day.

Also, Little Sis was born prematurely, and was very ill for most of her early childhood. It probably affected her growth a little bit.

impolite
of the hobbits