Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Oh, and by the way, I'm Christian and very much anti-gun, anti-violence (and especially anti-Iraq war), anti-insurance company death panels (as should be all Christians), am "pro-Bono" and his efforts to get more Christians involved in supporting others and correcting injustice (and he was successful in getting Falwell on board with his "liberal" causes before Falwell's death) and in having compassion for my fellow man (something the "right-wingers" seem to have forgotten about) and consequently am very much in favor of the stimulus package (but against the Bush/Cheney bailout of AIG and big Wall Street), in favor of universal health care (with a public option, if that is necessary to accomplish that goal) - and realize that as a capitalist, having such a program in place - LIKE THOSE IN THE REST OF THE INDUSTRIALIZED WORLD is necessary for us to compete against those companies in countries with socialized health care (which is virtually all of those we compete economically with), am "pro-labor" because people, as God's children should be helped by those with the ability to do so (as Jesus himself proclaimed). These are things my Christian beliefs indicate are not optional for one who proclaims to be a Christian. Oh, and I've received "death threats" from some of those so-called "conservative Christians" in response to some of my comments on the WSJ.

Huh. Come to think of it, Jesus was a liberal.....
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.