Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 60
Oh, I know I'm going to regret this, but here goes …

I just moved.

You didn't “move” there. You landed there, because you had nowhere else to go.

I just lost a husband

..with whom you hadn't lived for years. His death is sad, especially for your son, but did it really affect you? You didn't even fight for any widow's benefits.

and not too long ago a son.

This is the most regrettable of all that has happened and we all feel your pain. But it has been three years. He would want you to move on.

With four thousand dollars in aid for four months, if the Wild Mobile goes South, I can d@mn well afford a rental.

Okay, let's be honest here. If these funds are grants, the taxpayers are giving them to you to go to school. Not to rent a car, not to go to WalMart. If they are loans, then in reality what you are doing is the same as running up credit cards. You borrow large amounts of money, take the minimum course load required to avoid repayment, and then live off the loans. You are only postponing the inevitable. You can't be a part-time student forever.

You have an opportunity to make a big change …and, yes, it's a big one. Live on, or near, campus, go to school full time, eat in the cafeteria and finish this.

Yes, it's a huge lifestyle change. It's scary. It's totally different than anything you've experienced. But maybe that's what you need. Get out of this co-dependency with HG and live your life. Get the degree. Get the job you want (do you really want it?). Pay back the loans. LIVE!!

Cap
Who wishes you nothing but the best, but for God's sake, go get it
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.