No. of Recommendations: 1
Oh I see because the boards are supposed to be a forum for free and open disucssion and any attempts to censor them by Yahoo or TMF or anybody else would be improper and a violation of free speech.

I agree that Yahoo could change if they wanted, and it would be legal. TMF has monitors for it's boards. The best boards on the net are the ones that have monitors. This is not to censor anyone (though occasionally it happens, the monitors are human after all), and does not violate anyone's free speech because hey, it's TMF's board, not ours, so they can control it however they wish.

I don't know how that applies to email, but for message boards, I have no problem with the owner of the board monitoring it for appropriate content.

I guess ... then we'd have to watch the Napster suit to find out. If that works, then maybe they will sue Yahoo! :-)

liable

That guy who said we're all spelling libel wrong forgot there are two different words, liable and libel. Now everyone really is spelling it wrong! :-) (sorry I couldn't resist pointing this out, especially when the "correcter" needs to be corrected :-)

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.