No. of Recommendations: 87
Oh, I see now.

Well unfortunately, I am afraid you will have to suffer us poor wretched humans because unlike you, and your other computers, we are not perfect and we make mistakes. We are all not computer literate, and even the brightest of us have "oh sh!t!" moments when sitting in front of a computer.

And yes, while you may think you know more about computers than Bill Gates or Bill Hewlett or Dave Packard, you missed the point of my original post. My point was she lost important files that she needs in relation to an oral exam for her Ph.D (in addition to other emails). We need to get those files back pronto.

I am not worried about the fact she should have backed them up. The cat is out of the bag, the horses out of the barn, and the milk is out of the bottle and all over the floor. Nobody can do a damn thing about that now. Everyone seemed to get that--except you.

Your post was not in the least bit helpful. It was meant to be a smartass, hurtful, and derisive remark. Well, I have a tip for you: Look around you. You are smack in the middle of a computer help board. Try helping the poor wretched humans instead of mocking them.

You could learn alot from the likes of Bill and the other wonderful, helpful regulars on this board.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.