No. of Recommendations: 1
Do you all remember that ad slogan from the early 80's? I actually saw a car with a faded bumper sticker with that on it the other day.

I thought that I would try to resurrect this board instead of starting a new personal board.

It's my hope that we can get a lot of people on this board that are not from Kentucky and maybe educate them a bit on the area and have some fun. I've never talked much about myself on the Fool outside of financial matters, so I thought that I would do that here.

Currently I live in St. Matthews, which is an east end suburb of Louisville. My house is just behind (across the alley) from the house that I grew up in. The crazy old neighbors, in my case, are my parents.

I have not live here all of my life. I lived in Bowling Green when I attended and graduated from Western Kentucky University, and then lived in Pennsylvania for a few years after college before I came back to Louisville.

My wife was born in Henderson, grew up in Owensboro and was working in Henderson when I met her. Her family lives in Owensboro, so I visit the western portion of the state quite a bit. Owensboro sure has a lot of 4-way stop signs.

I've been married for over eight years, have a 5-year-old daughter and we are expecting a boy in March.

My wife is one of six kids and all of them live in Kentucky. I am the youngest of six and only my brother and one sister live here--both in Louisville.

My biggest problem with living in Kentucky is the anamosity between people who live in Louisville and the people who live out in the state. Sure, you have the UofL/UK rivalry (I bleed blue) but spending a lot of time in the state, but this is beyond that.

I saw it A LOT when I was in the Jaycees and I still see in and out of the city. Nasty Louisville folks that everyone who lives out in the state is a redneck and I have seen many nasty Kentuckians call my home a "cess pool." It really ticks me off. I guess that it's good to be proud of where you live, but I wish people could appreciate all the walks of life in our state.

So much for that rant. I'd like to hear from some more folks either in Kentucky or from Kentucky. I would also like to hear from people with questions about the Bluegrass State.

Fred

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.