Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 13
Has anyone here ever seen the cartoon South Park? Do you know the crazy bus driver character? She curses and screeches and spits when she talks and tries to kill children and small animals.

I think I just interviewed her.

This woman seemed so sweet, so normal on the phone. I told her where I'd gotten her name and information, and we arranged a time to meet. She cancelled the first time (with one hour's notice) and showed up late today. I guess that should have tipped me off, but I'm desperate for help.

She saw that I had the flier that had her name and some references on it, and WENT OFF. I thought she was going to grab my plastic fork and stab me with it! I think she was concerned about me or someone else calling her references (=her clients) and trying to steal them away.

I had already told her that I had this flier. Moreover, we had had a discussion about how we both felt that "poaching" clients was wrong.

She ended by putting a piece of paper in front of me and telling me to tell her when I wanted her and she'd let me know. (after all that, she still wanted to work for me!) I told her that I wasn't sure if I needed her right now, it was if I got any more clients, and I would let her know if that came to be.

She stormed out of the shop, saying she was going to go confront the elderly secretary of the church where I got her name. (that lady had been under the impression that this woman WANTED her to give out the flier. I am sure it was just a miscommunication and nothing malicious intended)

After she left, I sat there for a moment, shaken. This was not how I thought a job interview went! A middle-aged lady sitting at the next booth leaned over and said, "Look, I don't know your business and I don't want to be nosy, but...I don't think you should hire that girl."

I nodded.

(cross-posted to LBYM)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.