Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
Oh, my, god. Are you my ex? Seriously?

Honestly, he is dealing with the same issues (mother being a psycho-whatevertermyouwanttousehere). She's demanding he give her money (not like he didn't buy her a house a few years ago which she sold, not like he hasn't given her cash he could have used for something else....she conveniently forgets those times....). She's demanding that he visit her, that he stop talking to me. She destroys him emotionally also.

Do protect yourself NOW, because it will be easier to do so now than in the future. If my ex would have listened to reason a few years ago, he would have said "out of my life NOW, and when you are back on solid ground and have a clue, come back."

And no, YOU ARE NOT WRONG to not give her money. I call that EOC (Economic Outpatient Care), and once someone starts that....they'll never go back. It's like a drug (I can whine to Snie, my son, my daughter, my parents, etcetc. to get what I want). She needs to learn that having a job is the first key to stablity in all areas of her life.

You COULD be a snot and tell her "mom..I've got to pay for my own shrink so I can get over the horrendous guilt that I feel right now for taking care of myself above all else, so I can't give you a dime for the rest of my life.....it'll take that long to fix thi problem."But I don't think that would be a good thing. ;)

*giggle* I'm being silly.

Heather

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.