Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 9
It isn't my way. I don't pay attention to these awards. I pay little attention to recs. Luvvies don't thrill me.

But the award exists. Someone is going to get it. And some of the more recent nominations on this board are...welllll....

Ummm...I have said enough.

Bill Ford is everything the Fool stands for. He is helpful, kind, and patient. I remember when he arrived on HWTSC and I have watched his knowledge and skill grow continuously ever since that time. He doesn't get the recognition he deserves, partly because he is insufficiently controversial.

His website for Windows support has become a substantial internet resource that I recommend to anyone who needs information on how to deal with their STUPID computer.

I have recced the posts nominating him and some of the other posts, but till now I haven't explicitly expressed my opinion. I am doing so now.

Bill is an excellent choice for the Feste.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
Thank you for recommending this post to our Best of feature.
You will be able to recommend one more post today. (explain this)

Sorry, you can only recommend a post to the Best of once.

HEAR! HEAR!

KEZ

(recommended & backed)
No. of Recommendations: 7
Bill Ford is everything the Fool stands for. He is helpful, kind, and patient. I remember when he arrived on HWTSC and I have watched his knowledge and skill grow continuously ever since that time. He doesn't get the recognition he deserves, partly because he is insufficiently controversial.

Bill is an excellent choice for the Feste.

Jiml8

BillF is a mensch. Set aside the knowledge and skill (which is hard in itself) and look at how he has been as a member of the TMF community and has added to that community. There's an inherent kindness in him that I feel is the essential nubbin of TMF and that is learning from those who know more and learning from those who delight in sharing what they know without any other desire than to share.

Controversy, more aptly described as contention, may create a volume of posts yet a clear answer that doesn't create disagreement is sometimes not recognized for what it is. Yet it is what TMF is: learning together so that an idea shared benefits all.

If you look at the short history of The Feste Award each winner has been a person who has given of themselves unstintingly because that's their way. BillF is that caliber.

MichaelR

No. of Recommendations: 1
If you look at the short history of The Feste Award each winner has been a person who has given of themselves unstintingly because that's their way. BillF is that caliber.

MichaelR

Thanks, Michael. Those of us who know Bill well, know and rely on those qualities in him. Coming from you that means a great deal.

Sincerely,
Bob

(PS: I guess you heard about the free beer and BBQ on Bill if he wins, huh?)

On a final NOTE: (Feste nomination has expired)and Bill is gonna WIN!:o)

mensch or mensh ( P ) Pronunciation Key (mnsh)
n. Informal pl. mensch·es or mensch·en (mnshn)
A person having admirable characteristics, such as fortitude and firmness of purpose: “He radiates the kind of fundamental decency that has a name in Yiddish; he's a mensch” (James Atlas).

Mick Read said: If you look at the short history of The Feste Award each winner has been a person who has given of themselves unstintingly because that's their way. BillF is that caliber.

Thanks MR.

You alone deserve the 'throne'.
You are an amazing example (+ Bill) of what TMF is all about - 'Education, Entertainment,...err!, ONLY the good stuff1 :o)

MAY YOU REAMIN A 'Runner UP' on the auspicious occasion. :o)

KEZ
No. of Recommendations: 0
MAY YOU REAMIN A 'Runner UP' on the auspicious occasion. :o)

REMAIN

We should have a 'self blah, blah, blah' to correct mistakes!!

(Yeah! I still lurk ITF) :o) sue me!

KEZ
No. of Recommendations: 3
Thanks, Michael. Those of us who know Bill well, know and rely on those qualities in him. Coming from you that means a great deal.

Sincerely,

Bob

Hell, yes, Bob, I'm supplying the salmon for it. Elly's recipe: garlic, lemon juice and honey. Is to die for. As side, Yukon yellow potatoes and baby carrots with a béchamel sauce and you'd think that you'd died and gorn to hebben. Add a nice Jackson Triggs merlot and life don't get any better.

Why I am supporting Bill's nomination is because the man behind the 'stuff' is a man I would like on my balcony. A few months ago, Hundriver, came to White Rock and we shared beer on my balcony watching the sun go down. A nice time. Bill gives me the impression of being that way. I like a person who takes the time to think things through and that's Bill.

I am somewhat prejudiced. In the years I have been posting at TMF, I have liked certain posters because they are lacking in abrasiveness. Kindness, interest, and menschness counts far more in my book than a snarkiness some think is how you respond on the internet.

Billffor The Feste Award

MichaelR

Hell, yes, Bob, I'm supplying the salmon for it. Elly's recipe: garlic, lemon juice and honey. Is to die for. As side, Yukon yellow potatoes and baby carrots with a béchamel sauce and you'd think that you'd died and gorn to hebben. Add a nice Jackson Triggs merlot and life don't get any better.

Why I am supporting Bill's nomination is because the man behind the 'stuff' is a man I would like on my balcony. A few months ago, Hundriver, came to White Rock and we shared beer on my balcony watching the sun go down. A nice time. Bill gives me the impression of being that way. I like a person who takes the time to think things through and that's Bill.

KEWL, Michael!!

I was gonna try to speak with this fledging entrepreneur to see ifin he might consider donating a couple of his latest product innovations to help fun the adventure - whatdayathink??

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=21667148

(I hope ya' don't get a 404 (page not found) on the included product brochure, as that would mean 'dey been sold out.)

I am somewhat prejudiced. In the years I have been posting at TMF, I have liked certain posters because they are lacking in abrasiveness. Kindness, interest, and menschness counts far more in my book than a snarkiness some think is how you respond on the internet.

Billffor The Feste Award

MichaelR

Yes, Bill's a great guy. We think the world of him!!

Thanks again, Michael!!

Bob

You're gonna dump beer and BBQ on me if I win? Hmmm...the DW just might like that if you'll use Rolling Rock. :-)

ßillƒ