Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
oh... so i have to take this back to the brk board or something, hein?

But while we're at it, maybe you can offer your opinion at least, since your post originally led me to this issue.

What I'm saying is that shorting IS a "bad thing" in the exact same way that naked shorting is, just of a lesser magnitude. I mean, when you buy a share from a short seller, you're not the economic owner. But you still get proxies by mail and all, don't you?

I don't know... I think every investor (and his loved ones) who has a margin account ought to know the exact mechanism and legal framework of shorting and margin. I still can't get my arms around the issues. Can you? Maybe Patrick can tell us how the shares are counted when it's time to send the DEF14a's and annuals ...

P.S. agree with you totally on the whole "embittered people blaming whatever"
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.