Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
So I am looking to put some money away for my significant others sister. She is 9.5 years old currently. I looking to put give her roughly $100 a year total for birthdays and Christmas. What is the best way to help her. This money could be used for school and/or retirement but want to give something besides cash. I was thinking of a 529 but with so little money going in maybe just savings bonds or a CD, also potentially a Sharebuilder account. What should I do? Again this is not just for school but potentially for anything important such as retirement/home buying and such...
Thank you
Print the post  


Paying For School Guide
Trying to Tackle Tuition? The Motley Fool's Guide to Paying for School will help you fight those rising education costs.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.