Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

Ok... and how many of those primaries did he win? Yea, that's what I thought. And his chances at a VP nomination frankly make me laugh because he is a libertarian not a Republican (look at how the GOP has changed since the Nixon administration).... Again, he is not electable. And the GOP primary has proved it. Note: Huckabee even beat him.

I used to live in his district actually and the only reason he gets elected term after term back to the House is because of his tiny and frankly unique constituency in Texas... I've seen pockets of this mind set in places like rural Idaho and Utah as well. Those people just want the government out of their backyard completely. But then I ask, who will pick up your trash and who will pave your roads? Are you going to home school your children? Are you going to shoot your own meat to eat and hope the venison doesn't have a transferrable disease. Now, I do believe the government should have limited involvement in our personal lives, but the situation isn't nearly as "oppresive" as say any Scandanavian country. Be thankful 50% of yoru income doesn't go to the government. (Great special on 60 minutes about the government benefits in Denmark... check it out.) Libertarianism is like communism.... it works only in theory.

Also, giving me a clip from the Fox News GOP debate did not help your argument. Try something a little more "fair and balanced" next time. Again, I crack myself up! :)

My prediction... McCain versus Obama in for Nov. McCain's VP candidate my prediction... Pataki. For Obama... Richardson or the governor in Kansas, forget her name...

Ron Paul is the Kuchinich of the right.

(Maybe I should start a blog about politics on here... oh goodness.)

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.