Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 76
OK Everyone Calm Down

Enough is enough
This has gone beyond politics to name calling and country bashing for no reason that I can see.

It is quite simply unacceptable to go calling others Eurotrash or anything else because they happen to be from another country. No one came in here and called the US trash. All of a sudden we are discussing the history of WWII, politics, and doing a bunch of name calling in a cantankerous way.

I have had enough of this.
If this was SI I would be suspending people left and right over this.
This is not the PA board where incivility is the rule. For the record I am all in favor of "board rules" where the moderator gets to choose what is or is not acceptable behavior. I would gladly set up an "anything goes" board and let people call each other names if they wanted to. But not here.

Unfortunatley the FOOL provides no such mechanism and therefore it is imperative for people to not waste other peoples time with total acrimonious nonsense.

Now I ask this nonsense to stop now.
Enough is enough and this went well well beyond enough.

Mish

Print the post  

Announcements

This is a Politics Free Board
Politically charged posts are not permitted on the Metar Board. If you make a political post, and it is alerted, the post will be removed. Thanks!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.