No. of Recommendations: 0
Ok here is my first input.....

IF YOU were ever Active duty and put money into the CH30 GI Bill and joined the ARNG (you may also check for your service), you may draw BOTH your TA from the ARNG and your GI Bill from the VA. Many ARNG people do not know this and you have to make it a point to tell your Education Officer that you ALSO have the CH30 GI bill or they WILL NOT know!!! My Education OFFICER was never active duty so he knows very little about the GI bill. It is up to the prior Active Duty people to make sure we know about and get all of our benefits.

After I showed him what I was saying is true he galdly helped me get it and then I was receiving all of my GI BILL and TA - THAT WAS in my POCKET!

Oh yeah, and I had already received my 4 year degree and still had money left over, so the GI bill was helping me pay for my MASTER's degree.

About 90% of my 4 year degree and all of the classes I have taken for my Master's degree has been paid by the military. I just had to leanr how to use the benefits that were offered to me.

DON'T FORGET that NG and Reservists cna also take CELP and DANTES tests on an active duty posts for free - or to cut through the military red-tape, sign up on your own at the POST and take them for $45 each.

Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.