No. of Recommendations: 1
Ok, here's plan revision #54,345,217:

#1) Convert 2nd Bedroom into Home office. Hey, wait, that's already done.

#2) Advertise(small scale) Computer Consulting/Budget-Debt Assistance as 2 seperate companies.

#3) Get Cards/Flyers/Coupons printed for items in step #2

#4) Register with Temp Agencies, Headhunters, Monster.com, etc for Contract work. (I have 15 years experience working with all aspects(Programming/Mgmt/Networks/Communications/Web/etc.). I would imagine I could get a contract or 2 during this process.

#5) Scout out all Car Washes in general area, look for ones available for purchase. (Talk w/Owners, Suppliers about people looking to sell)

#5.1) Possibly work at one PT for added cash & experience.

#6) Purchase Car Wash.

#7) Hope at least one or more option in step #2 or #6 work out.

*NOTE: DW Works FT right now, so bills are covered. Have 1 Debt(Car), spotless credit, 6mo e-Fund, Approximately 20% down for the average Self Serve Car Wash earning interest every month in a MM account.

I did not bring in to account the "Deli w/Mom" because that's her gig. If she wants my help, we'll worry about it then.

I also didn't mention the "Laser Tag" Center because it involves other investors, and I'm not 100% sold on their commitment yet. So far, it seems like I'm doing all of the legwork, and the only one willing to risk giving up the "9-5 steady paycheck".

Any thoughts on this plan??

Again, thank you for all of the help/inspiration/comments. It sure makes this process alot less intimidating.

Mikelly39
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.