Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
OK, I did spot one thing, but doubt the market is thinking about it.

For the last two quarters, JAKK has seen a big bump in receivables and a decrease in payables, impacting significantly on cash flow. They've also been cashing a lot of marketable securities, perhaps as a little cosmetic repair to the cash flow statement.

I noticed that too. Basically, JAKK went from a long string of flow ratios of near 1.0 to ratios of 1.7 for the last two quarters (or thereabouts - I don't have the numbers right in front of me). That's quite a jump, but because they have been historically pretty good about managing their money I'm assuming that this is a short-term anomoly. My understanding is that Pentech wasn't managing things very well, and that this has been reflected in JAKK's current numbers since the acquisition. If this is the case, I don't think this will be a long-term thing at all.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.