Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4

OK, I really don't want to go down the road of listing the posts and then arguing about whther they are or aren't a personal attack. But I also don't want you to think that I am ignoring you or that I didn't have a valad reason for my post. So I will speak in general terms. What I mean by "personal attack" is arguments that are addressed against the person instead of against the content of their message. This happens ALL the time in any debate but it is still improper and illogical.

Qwerty posted an opinion about benchmarking. you attacked his motives and his character, not the content of his message. You (and some others) continually argued using those methods, Qwerty only responded in kind after about 4 or 5 such attacks. Then, Qwerty privately sent me an e-mail showing me your original post and I see now see that his "attack" really wasn't an attack at all but rather a reference to your post.

I am really not interested in a he-said she-said argument because it serves no purpose but to divide us for no reason, but if you re-read the threads I referenced, then maybe you will see some of what I'm talking about. If not, then so be it, it really doesn't matter.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.