No. of Recommendations: 1
OK. I'm now a Prem member. Since I used a different email and user ID to set up the account, I'm going to have to re-build my watchlists, templates, etc., which is no biggie and does give me a chance to tidy things up. While poking around, I discovered the following (with the bolding being mine):

What Is Cboe BZX Data?

The Cboe BZX Exchange (short for "Better Alternative Trading System"), an electronic exchange in Kansas City. Available only for US equities, the exchange offers free realtime data that Barchart uses during market hours (8:30A - 3:20P CT) to display on our equities data tables and in symbol price quotes. The volume data we get from Cboe BZX Exchange, however, is significantly less than the volume data one gets from NYSE and Nasdaq. (Realtime data from NYSE and Nasdaq exchanges require users to pay a monthly fee, and is only available through one of Barchart's realtime products, cmdtyView, Webstation or Trader.) Furthermore, some thinly-traded stocks are not found on the Cboe BZX Exchange, and for other thinly-traded stocks, the price data may be different than that from NYSE and Nasdaq.

I still think it's important to track 'volume' and will continue to include it in my charts.

I took a look at their 'Chart of the Day', and I'd accuse then of committing the same mistake TMF does, namely, chasing prices after the train has left the station. Wm O'Neil can make those kind of momo trades work and will buys new highs. I can't. To me, they're shorts that haven't yet turned down, but will soon enough that I don't want to be long them.

Oh, well. It's differences of opinion that make markets, right? Now that we're both "prems", it'll be fun to swap ideas. In particular, I want to explore their scanning tools.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.