Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I'll break down and buy some. Then I'll tuck the shares away and watch the global fiber infrastructure grow.

Warning to other TCM shareholders:
Now that I bought, the evil supercomputer that actually sets world stock prices will notice and send TCM much lower, at least for a while, to torment me. [After all, it is an EVIL supercomputer]

Fool On

Print the post Back To Top
Now that I bought, the evil supercomputer that actually sets world stock prices will notice and send TCM much lower, at least for a while, to torment me.

Cool, Thanks dude!! I'll forgo my $15 buy and wait for $10!! Keep us posted of your buying as I will adjust mine to yours. Man it's like taking candy from a baby.....

PK

$10 seems about right to me PK. I might be willing to take a flyer at that price. Ten bucks seems to be about fair value for the constuction business, which is pretty much all TCM is at this point. Anything else will be gravy when it happens. TCM is very late to the party in the carrier space. I find it hard to justify paying for something that isn't there, not in this market anyway.

Don't get me wrong, longer term there will be plenty of business to be had, but right now GX is out selling while TCM is just building. I'm a big believer in the bandwidth story, and all the angst over glut is much ado about nothing. There will be more than enough apps to fill the pipes. I'm also a big fan of The Koz. I'm guessing he just might be able to build TCM into a major player sooner when some of the troubled assets out there become available at fire sale prices. Something like TSIX comes to mind, but there will probably be plenty of cable around for cheaper than it cost to build. Big shakeout coming in the telecom sector, no need to pay a premium for anything.

Anyway, 10 bucks it is.

RC
Chuck,

I agree that TCM could be considered late to the game. But despite GX's position, I see TCM growing because of it's own system, and because there aren't many competitors that can lay cable like TCM. Who are TCMs fiber network competitors going to call to lay their cable networks. I also don't see GX being strong enough to control the market as time proceeds. TCM will likely grow the same way TYC grows.... through acquisitions in addition to organic growth. In fact I surely will be buying again soon, especially below 10.

Good luck,

PK
I'll break down and buy some. Then I'll tuck the shares away and watch the global fiber infrastructure grow.

I sold my shares at 20, looked at them today and took 'em back at 13. Gotta feel goood about that.

ehh!
Long TCM