No. of Recommendations: 4
While I was not a fan of the foreign policy................

Today right now, I'd kiss Bill Clinton's butt on National TV prime time if we could figure out how to alter the Constitution and give him a 3rd term.

Cause otherwise, we'd be better off with a Coke can running the White House, and a Pepsi can running Congress than what we have right now.

I've really come to appreciate President Clinton, mainly for his intellectual curiosity, his interest in economics, and his willingness to sincerely work with others. This was a President who felt that a rising tide raises all boats, but then also injected *some* Liberalism into the mix to help those without boats to perhaps start building one for themselves.

It's far different from now where those with boats are targeted as greedy and evil, and those without boats are told that their plight is on account of the evil people WITH boats.

Paul Ryan is right, and courageous to praise a President outside his party. If President Clinton, Erskine Bowles, Gene Sperling and the gang were running the show, we'd not just make a 'cliff deal', but we'd have made a great deal that secured America for a half century and we'd have been able to go on about infrastructure, natural gas, manufacturing rennaisance, and things that would've secured superpower status for the next century.

Instead we've got utter idiots and extremists running the White House and Congress.

JediG
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.