No. of Recommendations: 4
STILL don't know if this is the right place or not....

I've been lightly blowing a spark to try to instigate some trading (as opposed to commentary & stock picking,) and I've got myself all hot & bothered... so I guess I'll be the first to strip down & jump into the water!

NOTE: I won't really be trading a "system" in terms of entry & exit levels, other than eyeballing them & explaining in general why I'm placing stops where I am... Then we'll watch & see what we see.

PEANUT GALLERY: I openly invite the locals to make the call as to whether I get filled or not, at what levels, in clean or broken lots. I'll place the trade, you tell me my fate.

Account Parameters;
$10,000
50% Marginability
5% Account/Position Risk (thus, $500 at present.)

I'm looking at MSFT... always a high liquidity bellwether favorite of mine...

Today's criticals;
High 27.30
Low 26.69

Looking at weekly & daily bars I see a runup & a consolidation... likely a pennant begging a breakout to the upside, but carrying a lot of sentient fat bears along with it...

I'm going to place a break-out stop entry (one cancels other) to go either LONG or SHORT depending on the action and ensuing trend.

26.80 Entry Stop SHORT
x 800 Shares
OCO
27.60 Entry Stop LONG
x 700 Shares

IF SHORT FILL;
27.40 Stop-Loss Cover
(Share Risk .60 = Position Risk $480)
25.70 Stop-Cover (Reversal Trap)

If LONG FILL;
26.90 Stop-Loss Sell
(Share Risk .70 = Position Risk $490)
32.60 Stop-Sell (Reversal Trap)

PURPOSE:
Hoping to catch a trend... likely a 2-4 day spurt if short, hoping a nice run if Long.

Ambient environment;
MSFT is begging to get back in the game of the bulls, but the broader markets are looking really hemorrhage-y. A large-scale turnover in Spooz or Dow may create a short sympathy selloff, but I think strength with nurture Mr. Softy.

Let's see...
GAME ON!

Dave
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.