Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
You get an e-mail from a Match member through their e-mail system. In the e-mail you get their picture and they at least have the option of inlcuding their profile text at the bottom of the e-mail (for the sake of discussion lets say that it is included). So basically you have the meat of the person right there. You click-through and "view" their profile and then you never write the person. You saw their pic, you read their profile, so the point of visiting their profile was...

I don't get it.

Milligram46
Done splain' this to me please...
Print the post Back To Top
WHA?

Things have changed a bit since I was payin'....but I would get a notice of an email...then have to go to the site to see it...but they didn't have profiles attached. So I went to check that out.

But, then why wouldn't you send a no thanks email?

Buffy
In the couple of months I've been on Match I've had ONE "no thank you" e-mail and probably 25 or 30 fell off into a blackhole never to be heard from again in this or any lifetime. I translate that into "no thank you" but when I've been pinged and I'm not interested, well I take the time to say, "no thank you."

Milligram46
Way to freakin' polite...
To see what they are looking for... to see if they have more picures. Maybe they were looking thru a bunch of profiles and yours was just one.

There are lots of reasons.
No. of Recommendations: 7
You get an e-mail from a Match member through their e-mail system. In the e-mail you get their picture and they at least have the option of inlcuding their profile text at the bottom of the e-mail (for the sake of discussion lets say that it is included). So basically you have the meat of the person right there.

If I knew I could get the meat of the person through an email I might have joined Match.com a long time ago.

Andrea
That is up to the e-mail SENDER Chaconne in the interest of full disclosure. Everyone gets a pic and a link to the profile, but the sender has the option to attach their profile text, which I've always done. That's the marketing weasel in me, the less clicks someone has to perform to respond back, the greater chance they will actually respond versus abandon the process.
No. of Recommendations: 3
WHOOSH.....
No. of Recommendations: 1
It has been awhile for me, but I seem to recall that a non-paying customer cannot respond to e-mails. If you are sending out e-mails and seeing that the person has clicked on your profile, that does not mean they are or are not interested. It may just mean that they have not paid to subscribe, yet.

It could also mean that they are taking their time composing a response.

Or it could mean that they are not the type to respond "no thanks".

Until you know for sure, it is just assuming and guessing.

When I first started using on-line dating services, I used to send "no thanks" e-mails. I stopped that practice when it brought down abusive responses in almost all cases.
When I first started using on-line dating services, I used to send "no thanks" e-mails. I stopped that practice when it brought down abusive responses in almost all cases.
-------------

Yep. I've been abused for saying no thanks too. I don't blame any women for not sending a response if she isn't interested.
No. of Recommendations: 2
WHOOSH.....

Aya.
OMG...Andrea: You said: "...if i knew i could get the meat of the person!!!" LOL
Did you mean to say Met persons? Probably not. LOL I got lots of laffs out of this.

UncleG