Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
OK. So I need to dig out a voucher, write a check for 15% of my gains this year, and hopefully it will good? (all were long-term gains)

Yes, but if you got a refund last year, that can imply your withholding had some surplus, which can reduce the size of that check.

Best is to do a spreadsheet to see how your other income this year will compare with last year and estimate your refund this year based on this years numbers. Then adjust that 15% accordingly.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.