Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
OK, so I'm confused if we need to file a WI return or not. The I-152 Form 1NPR instructions referred me to Pub 122, where it's clear she would count as a non-resident. It then states:

"If you are a nonresident or part-year resident of Wisconsin and your gross income (or the combined gross income of you and your spouse) is $2,000 or more for 2013, you must file a 2013 Wisconsin income tax return."

and defines gross income thusly:

"“Gross income” means all income (before deducting expenses) reportable to Wisconsin that is received in the form of money, property, or services. It doesn’t include items that are exempt from Wisconsin income
tax, such as U.S. government interest."

I'm confused by the clause "reportable to Wisconsin" and can't find a reference to what is reported. Is it just the $750, in which case we wouldn't have to file a WI return?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.